The Fifth Arctic-Antarctic and North Pacific Mapping Meeting
SAVE THE DATE
To be hosted by: Alfred-Wegener-Institut Helmholtz-Zentrum für Polar und Meeresforschung, Bremen, Germany
Dates: 27 to 29 November 2023
In-person and on-line meeting
The fifth Seabed 2030 Arctic-Antarctic and North Pacific Mapping Meeting held as a hybrid meeting in Bremen, Germany from 27 to 29 November 2023.
This meeting continues the series of mapping meetings organised and hosted by The Nippon Foundation-GEBCO Seabed 2030 Project Regional Centers that started in 2018.
This is an IN-PERSON and ONLINE meeting to help develop roadmaps, topics, and guidelines for achieving mutually beneficial goals in support of GEBCO and the ocean mapping community.
The goals of the meeting are:
- Review the progress made since the last Seabed 2030 Arctic-Antarctic and North Pacific Mapping Meeting in 2021 including the status updates for IBCSO and IBCAO
- Define priority areas for future mapping activities
- Develop strategies to locate and unlock bathymetric data sets
- Discus strategies for improved seabed to land transitions
- Develop strategies to coordinate and promote new mapping activities
- Identify new bathymetric data sources
- Crowd Sourced Bathymetry options
For specific questions, please contact the Seabed 2030 Regional Centers: Southern Ocean and Arctic and North Pacific.
Back for more news and events items.